Sunday, February 27, 2011

Back on Track

From the look of my blog these past two and a half weeks it might seem like I gave up blogging for my year of Lent. It’s an idea that I will definitely keep up my sleeve for an especially busy or sluggish point in my life, but in this most recent case, the lack of new posts was really only a result of negligence rather then concerted and directed self-restraint.

The truth is, I’m new to this blogging world and the whole premise behind it - writing about personal thoughts, feelings, and experiences for anyone to see – is in direct opposition to my natural disposition. I’m not really one to divulge to whoever is willing to lend an ear and it takes even more time, energy, and nerve on my part to do this in a written and open forum. I haven’t stopped giving things up- I went the majority of these three weeks without facebook- and plan on sharing some of my thoughts about my three weeks absence from the social network. And of course, I plan on introducing my next mini-Lent for the upcoming two weeks. So for those of you out there who were wondering what happened to Lulu’s Year of Lent (aka my sister and mom) don’t worry, Lulu is alive and well and ready to share the joys and struggles of going without!

Finally, on a completely unrelated note, I’d be remiss if I didn’t share some Oscar Night thoughts, especially since I’ve seen an unusual amount of the nominated films; seven out of ten. The one I hope will win best picture is the King’s Speech. The acting was stellar (I’m going with Colin Firth for best actor) and the story wonderfully real and uplifting. Like any good movie, it made me cry, laugh, and left me wanting more. There were a lot of fantastic films this year and I’d be happy to see a number of them do well (The Fighter, True Grit, Toy Story 3, and the Social Network). I’d like to see Christian Bale win for The Fighter and will go out on a limb with The Fighter as a possible best picture winner if The King’s Speech doesn’t get it.

3 comments:

  1. Lulu's back, hurray!

    BTW I agree with you about Colin Firth. I also am going to throw my hat into the prediction race and say that the young actress who played "Maddie Ross" from True Grit ought to get Best Supporting Actress.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So happy the King's Speech won. That movie made my heart so happy. So well done. Chante, I miss seeing you all the time. It's wonderful hearing little pieces of your life. I love you.

    ReplyDelete